PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR NON-PROJECT MANAGERS
Project Management for NON-PROJECT managers overview
The Project Management Skills for Non-Project Managers course teaches the key project management concepts to the professionals who are not project managers by job role but are required to undertake a project for their organization. The course assumes that the candidates have a closely related job to project management and fully understand a company’s products and quality requirements. The course will assist the candidates to gain project management knowledge along with the product knowledge which they already have and resultantly enable the candidates to work as successful and accomplished project managers within their organizations.
The 10-day course is designed for those professionals who are not professional project managers but are required to learn the fundamentals of project management due to organizational requirements. The course helps the candidates to learn how to incorporate established project management processes into the organization, making the most of their skills and experience and allowing employers to develop management and leadership skills.
who is this course for?
The course is intended for professionals working in an organization in a role closely related to project management.
The ideal candidates should be:
- Associate project managers
- IT managers
- Project coordinators
- Project analysts
- Team leaders
- Product managers
- Program managers
- Project team members and stakeholders
The course covers the following topics:
• What is Project Management?
• Why is Project Management Important?
• Project Planning
• Project Scope Definition
• Project Monitoring & Control
• Fundamental Project Management Skills
• Scheduling & Estimating
• Risk Identification & Mitigation
• Project Costing & Budgeting
• Working with a Project Team & Getting Commitment
• Team Leadership and Managing Conflict
• Critical Path Planning
• Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
• Project Tracking & Status Reports
• Using Project Tools for Maximum Efficiency • Hands-on Practical Exercises