MONITORING AND EVALUATION IN THE HEALTH SECTOR
Monitoring and Evaluation helps in collecting, analyzing and transforming health data into strategic information for informed decision making, improved effectiveness and enhanced advocacy in health programs. M&E will help to ensure that health programs are implemented as planned and to assess whether desired results are being achieved.
This course aims to build the capacity of M&E professionals working in the health sector. The acquired M&E skills will assist the participants to improve health program planning and performance management and enhance the institutionalization of the collection of health-related data and the analysis of program impact.
This course is designed for researchers, project staff, development practitioners, managers and decision makers who are responsible for project, program or organization-level M&E in the Health sector.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
· Understand monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of health programs
· Design a health project using logical framework
· Develop indicators and targets for each result level
· Track performance indicators over the life of the project
· Evaluation a health project against the set results
· Gain quantitative and qualitative skills for data collection and analysis of health programs
· Carryout Data quality assessment and improvement of health programs
· Analyze health data spatially using GIS